Curious about what to bring (and what not to bring) to treatment? We’ve outlined the HVRC packing list for your reference. If you have any questions, please contact our Admissions department before your arrival.
What To Bring
Suggested Packing List
- Casual, comfortable clothing. Ex: jeans, khakis, sweat pants, shorts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, comfortable shoes, sunglasses, jacket, bathrobe, pajamas, and slippers.
- Toiletry items. May include body wash/soap, shampoo/conditioner, body lotion, hairbrush, toothbrush & toothpaste, face wash, etc.
- A 30-day supply of current, non-narcotic medications in original prescription bottles.
- Photo ID and insurance card for medical and/or prescription purposes.
- Spending money: $25 – $100.
- Beach attire, such as bathing suit, beach towel, & sunblock.
- Workout/exercise attire. Tennis shoes, workout shorts/pants, & t-shirt.
- Favorite pillow or blanket – optional.
- AA Big Book or NA basic text – optional.
Please Do Not Bring the Following
- Toiletry or other items that contain alcohol, such as mouthwash, perfume, cologne, hand sanitizer, cold medicine, cough syrup, etc.
- Clothing or reading material that depicts alcohol, drugs, sex, or violence.
- Weapons, drugs, or alcohol.
NOTE: Upon arrival, we will need to do a urine screen – please do not use the restroom until you check in at the front desk for your supplies.
The nursing staff will also perform a search of your luggage when you are admitted to the program and remove any contraband items at that time.