Financial obstacles can stop people from getting the addiction treatment they need. At HVRC, we believe in making recovery affordable and accessible for all. That’s why we accept a wide variety of insurances. HVRC is an in-network addiction treatment provider for Medicare.
Medicare Addiction Treatment
Many times, what’s stopping someone from entering treatment for addiction isn’t a lack of desire to recover – it’s the worry associated with paying for treatment. Cost should never be a barrier for addiction treatment and recovery. That’s why Hemet Valley Recovery Center is in-network with Medicare.
For anyone struggling with a substance use disorder, receiving treatment at a quality rehab center is the difference between achieving sobriety or continuing on a path of destruction. An individualized plan that provides the tools for a successful, lasting recovery is vital. Our high quality, hospital-based addiction treatment services are affordable, accessible and, above all, effective.
An Accessible, Affordable Medicare Drug Rehab
Hemet Valley Recovery Center’s programs focus on nurturing mind, body and spirit. Each client receives an individualized treatment plan tailored to his or her unique needs that offers the most substantial chance of achieving lasting recovery.
Our clients participate in a combination of evidence-based treatment and holistic, alternative therapies that address the underlying causes of addiction and equip clients with the life skills to succeed in life after rehab. Additionally, our expert clinical and medical staff are there to support clients through every step of this journey.
HVRC offers a range of addiction recovery services, including:
Medicare Coverage for Addiction Treatment
For anyone over the age of 65 and those with disabilities, Medicare is one way to manage the cost of addiction treatment. It’s available for a monthly premium based on the recipient’s income. This means that if you earn less, you pay less.
However, Medicare can be confusing and difficult to understand, and it can be challenging to figure out how you qualify for specific services. According to Medicare Interactive, Medicare covers both inpatient and outpatient alcoholism and substance abuse treatment if:
- Your provider states that the services are medically necessary;
- You receive services from a Medicare-approved provider or facility, such as HVRC;
- And your provider designs your plan of care.
What Medicare Covers
- Patient education regarding diagnosis and treatment.
- Post-hospitalization follow-up
- Prescription drugs administered during a hospital stay or at a doctor’s office.
- Outpatient prescription drugs covered by Part D (must be medically necessary).
- Structured Assessment and Brief Intervention (screening, brief intervention and referral to treatment) when an individual shows signs of substance use disorder.
Covering Rehab with Medicare
Medicare is comprised of four parts. Each covers different phases of addiction recovery programs:
- Part A can cover hospital stays and inpatient rehabilitation. It covers up to 60 days in treatment without a co-insurance payment, meaning you are responsible for paying a deductible. If you are receiving care at an inpatient psychiatric hospital, Medicare only covers a total of 190 lifetime days.
- Part B should cover outpatient care that you receive from a clinic or hospital outpatient department. It covers mental health services, which include alcoholism and substance abuse treatment, at 80% of the Medicare-approved amount. If you receive treatment from a participating provider, such as HVRC, you will pay a 20% co-insurance payment after reaching your Part B deductible. Please note that medications to treat substance abuse can be covered under Part A. They’re not usually covered by Part B or D.
- Part C is Medicare-approved private insurance, which provides more benefits under Medicare. However, coverage varies, and out-of-pocket costs can be more expensive.
- Part D can cover the cost of recovery-related medications that help manage withdrawal symptoms and cravings, which increase the likelihood of staying sober. All Medicare drug plans cover antidepressant, antipsychotic and anticonvulsant medications required for mental health.
Verify Your Medicare Drug Rehab Benefits
Finances are an unfortunate obstacle that can prevent someone from getting the help they deserve. If you’re considering treatment, your only focus should be getting well – not wondering how you’re going to pay for it.
As an affordable rehab center, we’re proud to accept Medicare coverage for addiction treatment and offer our high quality, hospital-based services to people who have made the life-changing decision to seek treatment.
To learn more about our addiction recovery programs and your Medicare coverage, contact a Recovery Specialist at 866-273-0868 or fill out our online insurance verification form. We comply with HIPAA privacy regulations and promise to keep your information confidential.