As the situation around COVID 19 continues to evolve, it is our intention and commitment to keep you informed of the extra precautions being taken within our programs to prevent the spread of this pandemic.
COVID-19: Hemet Valley Recovery Center & Sage Retreat
While health and safety standards are a top priority every day, we are not only relying on established infection control policies and procedures, but implementing additional preventative measures to further ensure the safety of our patients, residents, staff, and families.
As a unit of an Acute Care General Hospital, Hemet Valley Recovery Center & Sage Retreat is continuously kept abreast of this rapidly evolving situation, including information and directives from state and local agencies including the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), the WHO (World Health Organization), and county offices of Health and Human Services. As new information is received, our senior leadership team has developed and implemented additional preventative measures to further minimize exposure risk. Updates to our operations are communicated across our continuum of care daily to ensure all areas of patient care are in current compliance.
As a resource and benefit of being a unit of an acute care general hospital, we provide the following:
- 24-hour nursing care (RNs, LVNs, CNAs)
- Emergency services
- Laboratory services
- Radiology services
- Pharmaceutical services
- Certified infection prevention nurse
- MD daily face-to-face assessment of all acute medical detox patients
- 24-hour security services
Additional preventative measures being implemented in response to COVID-19 include:
- Outpatients (PHP, IOP) are screened each morning for any associated COVID-19 symptoms before entering the treatment unit;
- All medical, nursing, counseling, therapy, intake, and administrative staff are screened daily per shift;
- All visiting has been cancelled. Patients and residents are given the opportunity for FaceTime visiting during visiting hours;
- Passes and outings within our PHP, IOP and Residential Programs have been temporarily cancelled;
- All outside speakers, including 12-Step panels have been temporarily cancelled;
- Onsite public events have been temporarily cancelled;
- Small group ratios are being observed, as well as social distancing within the patient community;
- Group rooms are being sanitized by housekeeping staff after each therapy group;
- Infection control rounds are facilitated daily by senior management; and
- Nursing student rotations have been temporarily cancelled.
Our priority is to face this crisis with faith, courage, and commitment to our patients, staff, and families who have placed themselves or their loved ones in our care and protection.
Steven Collier, RN – Executive Director
Sherry Burditt, RN, HN-BC – Director of Clinical Services